EXPERIENCE EXTRAORDINARY ADVENTURES WITH LIKE MINDED TRAVELLERS.
Wild Earth Expeditions sees a world full of epic wildlife encounters, extraordinary marine adventures, exotic cultures and diverse landscapes that are best shared within an intimate and dynamic small group expedition.
Wild Earth Expeditions is an all-inclusive boutique travel company offering the ultimate adventure with custom-designed expeditions that are operated to the highest standard. Our expeditions are carefully timed to take full advantage of natural occurrences, marine and wildlife spectacles, local festivities and special events. As you journey with us, you will experience the worlds most extraordinary places and enjoy many of the worlds finest and unique accommodations and cuisines.
Our fully escorted adventures are led by expert Wild Earth Expeditions leaders and accompanied by the best local guides with specialized knowledge on the wildlife, history and culture of your destination. You will immediately notice the difference that comes from our world of experience and the true passion we have for discovery and for sharing our knowledge. Join us on one of our scheduled Wild Earth Expeditions departures or let us design a customised private expedition for your group.
Our goal is for you to "Experience the Ultimate Adventure" by ensuring you have intimate wildlife encounters, spectacular diving & snorkelling and enriching cultural experiences.
What Sets Us Apart
- Unique Combinations: we thrive on the challenge of offering unique destination combinations that highlight a marine, wildlife or cultural event.
- All Round Travel Experience: not just a dive trip. Our travellers are all round interested. They love soft adventure; scuba diving, snorkelling combined with culture, trekking, wildlife, local cuisine and cultural history.
- Small Group Travel: Flexible (nimble) to take advantage of best possible experiences every day. Groups are intimate and travellers become friends and part of the Wild Earth Expeditions family culture. Explorers book trips so they can travel together again.
- Value For Money: From the moment you touch down every detail is taken care of. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and doting-the-i.
- Stewardship: We believe in caring for and contributing to the people, places and wildlife we visit. We donate to and support grass roots projects in the places we visit.
Personally Taken Care Of: We go Above and Beyond to cater to all our guests needs. We have incredible infield leaders and local guides to guide and educate in the water, or on tour.
Above and Beyond Experience: We always have added extras that we surprise our guests with on trips. Cave dinners lit up with thousands of candles, exclusive traditional cultural performances, traditional performance in a temple with dinner under the stars, sundowner cocktails on a private island or bonfire dinner under the stars with sand sculpture of a whale shark surrounding the dinner table.
Thomas and Natalia Baechtold joined forces in 2003, combining their years of global travel, photographic and expedition industry experiences to create Wild Earth Expeditions. Professionals in their individual areas of expertise this dynamic couple have created an adventure travel company that does not compromise on quality and experience. From the deep jungles of Africa to the blue waters of Palau Wild Earth Expeditions incredible team of Expedition leaders and experts offer unique expeditions to thrill the most experienced adventurers. They stop at nothing to provide what is known as ‘Above & Beyond’ travel treats for all Wild Earth Explorers. Their international reputation for professional photography and videography guarantees that travellers benefit from tutorials producing magnificent images.
Over the past 20 years Thomas & Natalia have worked as a PADI dive instructors, dive shop managers, underwater camera operators and trip directors aboard several dive-live-aboard vessels at all the major diving hot spots around the world. Thomas also pursued a career as a safari guide in southern and eastern Africa. The couple spent 10 years working as Expedition Leaders, Dive and Snorkel guides, Zodiac drivers, General Naturalists, Videographers and Photographers for various high-end US based Expedition companies on all seven continents. In 2009 they founded their own boutique expedition company called Wild Earth Expeditions.
Calling Australia home, Thomas, Natalia and their 2 young daughters Estelle and Coco reside on the Mid North Coast in Bonville, Australia.